Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Da Bayou New Orleans

The menu at Da Bayou describes the food as "Authentic New Orleans Cooking."  Since I have always said I betcha' I could eat my way through New Orleans, Dan and I thought we'd try it for lunch instead of the same old fare!  The restaurant is located in the previous "Frankie's Steakhouse" structure just off of Margarita Road not far from the Promenade Mall.  The food???  Really delicious!  We were served house made Hush Puppies at the beginning of the meal; nice and  crispy on the outside and tender inside!   The crawfish on my Crawfish Salad, though fried, was really tender, not rubbery, not overcooked and not greasy.  The salad was a large mount of lettuce greens (not iceberg) with cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots topped with lots of fried crawfish.   The owner told me that all fried seafood and fish can be grilled if the customer should prefer, and most menu items can be made extra spicy.  Will try grilled, next time, but I really liked the fried version.  Dan enjoyed his File Gumbo and Hush Puppies.  He said he'd order it again, in a heartbeat!  Neither of us had ever eaten New Orleans style food, though I have read all my adult life about the great eateries in Louisiana, blackened fish, Paul Brudhomme's food, Cajun and Creole food.  Da Bayou did not disappoint!  I am looking forward to returning to the place.   I have sent a couple of others, all with really positive responses.   My friends said that the Etouffee Crab-tasty, Fried Chicken-exceptional!  The menu offers:  Po' Boy Sandwiches, Fried Okra, Crawfish Tails, Cajun Calamari, Seafood Platters, Red Beans & Rice, Collard Greens, shrimp, clams, blue crab, catfish  and lots more great fare!!  Beer (local New Orleans) and wine is offered.The restaurant also offers happy hour deals.  I'm sorry that I don't have more info on the H.H. deals.  Call  Da Bayou for details at 951-699-7900.  Address:  41789 Nicole Lane, Suite B, in beautiful Temecula, California. 

No comments: